Welcome to the product documentation for Linc-Budget-Management, an extension app built for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, by Linc Communications (Pty) Ltd.
This extension contains modifications to the standard solution to assist users in monitoring the consumption of General Ledger and Fixed Asset budgets while working in purchase documents.
When using General Ledger Accounts or Fixed Assets (Acquisition) as the targets for purchases on Purchase Quotes, Purchase Orders or Purchase Invoices, this app will display information about the GL Account or Fixed Asset purchase cost relative to its related budget.
It displays this information in two areas on the purchase document page:
- As a ‘Budget Summary Factbox’ on the right hand side of the purchase document page
- As ‘Over Bugdet’ indicators on the lines of the purchase document
For all GL Account related indicators, the app uses the budget specified under ‘Active Budget for Management’ in the ‘Linc Setup’ page.
The Budget Summary Factbox will display the following information about the tracking of the selected item’s budget:
The following values are calculated and displayed for the current Month, Year to Date and the current Fiscal Year to Date
- Actual: Actual posted amounts
- Budget: Budgeted amounts
- Pending: Sum of open purchase lines (outstanding amounts), excluding the current document
- Expected: Sum of open purchase lines (outstanding amounts), including the current document
The following values are calculated and displayed for the current Asset
- FA Aquisition Budget: Aquisition budget entered on the Fixed Asset Card
- Total Aquisition Cost: Sum of aquisition cost entries for the Fixed Asset
- Unposted Amounts: Sum of open purchase lines (outstanding amounts), including the current document
- Remaining Budget: The balance of the aquisition budget once total aquisition cost and unposted amounts have been deducted
For lines on purchase documents, two indicators are provided to show if the line item is
- over budget for the current month
- over budget year to date